Best WordPress Security Plugins!July 30, 2019
5 Best WordPress security pluginsAugust 10, 2019
Many website owners complain about the security of WordPress. The reason is that an open script remains exposed to all types of attacks. Is that a reality? And if it is so, then how to protect your WordPress website?
Fortunately, the lack of inbuilt security in WordPress is a myth. Sometimes it is the other way round. WordPress websites are more secure as compared to their online counterparts. So, today a few simple tricks would be discussed regarding the methods to secure your WordPress website even more. But before that, we shall discuss why WordPress security is important and it’s other related aspects.
Why WordPress security is important?
- A hacked site of WordPress can pose a severe threat to:
- Your profits and goodwill
- The hackers steal data related to user information, passwords and install malicious software. They can even disseminate this software to your users
- To add on to the issue, you can end up paying a huge amount to hackers for regaining access to your website
- In March 2016, it was reported by Google that more than 50 million website users have been cautioned against websites they were visiting as the latter contained malware or may steal their data
- So, if you are having a business website, then you need to pay extra attention to the security of your WordPress.
Regular Updation of WordPress
- WordPress is open-source software which should be consistently updated and maintained
- Although minor updates are automatically installed on it, you are required to initiate the major updates manually
- WordPress also comes up with many themes and plugins which can be installed to your website. These are maintained by third-party developers which release the updates regularly
- Some plugins come with a feature of hiding WordPress. They hide WordPress installation by hiding login URLs, common paths and wp-admin, etc.
- Some of them even come up with a feature of Intrusion Detection. These plugins block the security attack in real-time. The blocked request can be viewed by the user in the admin panel
- Furthermore, the blocked request IP address would be sent to the trusted network which shall keep a record of its threat score per IP address
- Some of them set a vulnerability scanner in their server farm which would automatically scan the WordPress site and provide regular results on the user’s dashboard. They also send emails for high-security alerts
Methods to secure your WordPress website
- Protect your WordPress website by safeguarding the login page and preventing the brute force attacks. The domain name of your login page URL should be ended with /wp-login.php or /wp-admin/
- A lockdown feature should also be set up for failed login attempts. When there are repetitive hacking attempts with wrong passwords, then the site gets locked and you are notified of this malicious activity
- The two-factor authentication module (2FA) should be introduced on the login page. The users should provide two login details for two different components. They can be a password followed by a secret question, code or a Google Authenticator app sending a secret code to your mobile number. In this way, the person possessing the phone (i.e. you) can log in to your website
- It should be ensured that your site automatically logs out people after they leave your wp-admin panel open for some time
So, if you have any queries on how to secure your WordPress website, you can contact Express Tech. Express Tech is a creative web agency which develops plugins, websites, and themes. We shall address your WordPress security challenges through our number one security plugin -Hide My WP. Hide My WP on codecanyon is the sole official plugin used for hiding your Word Press website from theme detectors, spammers and attackers.